Keto Recipe: Snickerdoodle Muffins
Keto Snickerdoodle Muffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted Kerrygold butter softened
- 2/3 cup granulated So Nourished erythritol (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0732NS8C8)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/3 cup fine blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup vanilla Jay Robb protein powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted Kerrygold butter melted
- 1/3 cup granulated So Nourished erythritol (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0732NS8C8)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a standard muffin pan generously with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
Add the butter and erythritol to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Cream together until smooth and well combined.
Add egg. Add vanilla, almond milk and sour cream and mix until combined.
Add almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and fold in using a rubber spatula, just until combined. Don't over-mix.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each about 2/3 full.
Bake in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool in the muffin tin for a minute or two before removing to a wire cooling rack.
In the meantime, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, or in the microwave.
In a separate small bowl mix together the erythritol and cinnamon.
Dip the top of each cooled muffin into the butter, then sprinkle generously with cinnamon mixture.
Serve! Makes 12 muffin