Keto Recipe: Groundhog Day Cookies
Punxatawney Phil May or may not see his shadow, but you can still celebrate impending spring or a longer winter with these adorable Ketogenic Groundhog Day Cookies!
4 Tbsp unsalted Kerrygold butter, softened at room temperature
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2-3 Tbsp So Nourished granular erythritol (I used 2 Tbsp)
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup blanched almond flour
Dash of Himalayan sea salt
18 Lily’s sugar free dark chocolate chips
Macadamia nuts, cut in pieces to look like little teeth (optional)
1. Preheat an oven to 350 F. Cream together the butter & sweetener.
2. Beat in the cocoa powder, then the eggs, vanilla, coconut flakes, almond flour, and sea salt.
3. Using a rounded tablespoon, scoop the cookie dough and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Use your hands to form the dough into a round “face”. You should have about 9 of these.
4. Using a rounded 1/4 teaspoon, scoop small balls of dough and attach to the faces as ears.
5. Use the chocolate chips to make eyes, and the sliced macadamia nuts to make teeth (if using).
6. Bake for about 13 minutes. (I baked mine in two batches because I ran out of space on my baking sheet).
7. Allow the cookies to cool before enjoying!