Keto Recipe: Zoodles with Mushrooms and Clary Sage
Clary Sage oil can help to balance out estrogen production, improve thyroid function, and reduce cortisol levels. I totally forgot that I even had Clary Sage essential oil in my cabinet until I came across a recipe for mushroom sage sauce! This zoodle recipe for today is totally keto, incredibly delicious, AND great for your hormones!
Zoodles with Mushrooms and Clary Sage
- 3 Tbsp Kerrygold butter or ghee
- 1 Tbsp good quality olive oil
- 8 oz baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large zucchini, zoodled!
- 2 drops high quality Clary Sage essential oil
- Himalayan sea salt & ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese, divided (optional, for topping)
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter/ghee. Add the mushrooms and stir to coat in the butter/ghee, then sprinkle the minced garlic on top. Cook the mushrooms until they are browned, stirring frequently so the garlic does not burn. Remove from heat and set aside in a bowl.
2. In the same saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the zoodles and stir to coat. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the mushroom mixture back into the pan and stir to combine with the zoodles. Drop in the clary sage oil and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 1 more minute.
4. Divide the zoodles between two bowls, and top each with 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese, if using.
Makes 2 servings