Keto Recipe: Green Eggs & Ham with Cat in the Hat Parfaits
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!" - Dr. Seuss
I love that man! Love those books! He and Shel Silverstein totally rocked my childhood!
This Friday , March 2nd, we celebrate that incredibly insightful, crazy-creative rhyming guy with an outstanding keto breakfast for my little Loraxes. 🧒 🧒 Hope you enjoy!
Green Eggs & Ham
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp cup olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Kerrygold butter (or ghee)
- 6 slices uncured deli ham (I use Applegate Farms)
- Place the spinach and Parmesan in the bowl of a food processor or your high-speed blender (I use my Vitamix). Pulse, or blend slowly, until finely chopped. With the processor/blender running, drizzle in the oil until the mixture becomes a liquid green, about 1 minute.
- Break the eggs and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl and whisk to scramble the eggs. Fold in the spinach sauce.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, until the eggs are cooked, but still shiny.
- While the eggs cook, place the ham in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and heat until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Grab 4 serving plates and place two slices of ham on each plate. Top each equally with the green eggs. Serve with a side of Cat in the Hat Parfaits (recipe below!)
Make ahead: The spinach sauce will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Makes 4 servings
Cat in the Hat Parfait
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 Tbsp powdered erythritol (I use So Nourished)
- 1X 5.4 oz can of coconut cream (I use Native Forest) 🥥
- Place the strawberries in a medium saucepan over medium heat. As they release their juices, use a wooden spoon to slightly mash the berries.
- Sprinkle in the powdered erythritol and stir well to combine. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to stir and mash the strawberries for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Take 4 small 1.5 oz shot glasses (you know you have a million of these souvenirs laying around). Fill each with 1 Tbsp of coconut cream, followed by 1 Tbsp of strawberry sauce, 1 Tbsp of coconut cream, 1 Tbsp of strawberry sauce, then 1 tsp of coconut cream as a thin layer on top. Cat in a Hat's Hat!
Make ahead: These parfaits can be made up to 2 days in advance. Cover the top of each with plastic wrap to keep them fresh.
Makes 4 servings