Keto Recipe: Garlic Zucchini Grilled "Cheese" 🧀
It's Keto! It's Paleo! And it can also be made VEGAN!!
Check out this bomb recipe for a Garlic Zucchini Grilled "Cheese" on Keto Naan Bread!
I mean.... for realzzzz!
Start with the "cheese"... 🧀🧀🧀
I adapted this recipe from Real Food with Dana's kick ass recipe:
- 1 cup zucchini slices
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- ¾ c filtered water
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp ghee (or more coconut oil to stay vegan)
- 2 tsp coconut aminos (or Tamari)
- juice of ¼ lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced garlic
- 8 envelopes of gelatin
- Steam your veggies until fork-tender. I use my Instant Pot on "steam" setting for 6 minutes and then do a quick release of the steam.
- Process the coconut oil, ghee, lemon juice, sea salt, pepper, coconut aminos (or Tamari), and garlic in a food processor or high-speed blender (I used my Vitamix).
- Add the veggies to the food processor/blender and blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle in the gelatin one envelope at a time, pulsing after each addition.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, and pour your mixture in. Refrigerate overnight, or for a couple hours (at least 3) to set.
- Slice and dice it how you want it.
- To store, wrap and refrigerate. Best flavor is within 10 days.
Next, make your Naan...
This is hands-down the best Keto Naan bread EVER! I made Diet Doctor's recipe my own, and it's a family fav!
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil + more for frying
- 2 cups boiling water
- a few tablespoons of coconut oil, for frying
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add oil and then boiling water and stir thoroughly.
- Allow to rise for five minutes. The dough will turn firm fairly quickly, but stay flexible. It should resemble the consistency of Play-Doh. If you find it’s too runny then add more psyllium husk until it feels right. The amount needed may vary depending on what brand of husk or coconut flour you use.
- Divide into 6 or 8 pieces and form into balls that you flatten with your hands directly on parchment paper or on the kitchen counter.
- Fry rounds in coconut oil over medium heat (5 on a scale of 1-10) until the Naan become just cooked enough to stay together.
- Heat the oven to 140°F (70°C) and keep the bread warm while you make more.
Now, put them together...
- Grab some coconut oil or ghee for frying
- In a medium skillet over medium-low heat (a 4 on a scale of 1-10), heat the coconut oil or ghee.
- Pre-assemble your sandwiches by placing your desired number of slices of Garlic Zucchini "Cheese" between two pieces of naan.
- Fry in the skillet until the naan becomes golden on both sides. Repeat with remaining bread.
This should make 3-4 servings of awesomeness!
Finally, a Grilled Cheese Sandwich on National Grilled Cheese Day that the carnivores and herbivores can enjoy together!