Keto Recipe: Garlic Lime Shrimp Benedict
Keto Garlic Lime Shrimp Benedict Over Sliced Avocado
You know you're drooling over there!
Garlic Lime Shrimp:
- 8 large peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/8-1/4 tsp chili powder
- Sea salt
- 2 large egg yolks (save the whites for keto cloud bread!)
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- Sea salt/ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs, poached (or if you're like me and can't poach a damn egg to save your life, just fry them, leaving the yolks runny!)
- 2 small Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced in half
- Combine garlic, lime juice, salt and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Heat up a non-stick pan or skillet over medium heat, add the ghee or coconut oil. Sear shrimp on both sides for about 3 minutes, then add the garlic lime sauce. Cook the shrimp until they are bright pink and cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from the heat, keeping them warm, while you assemble the plates and make the Hollandaise.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks, mustard, and lime juice. Fill a medium sauce pan with about a cup of water and bring to a boil over a medium heat.
- Place the bowl with the egg mixture over the sauce pan and make sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Whisk vigorously until the egg yolk mixture starts to thicken.
- Slowly pour in the avocado oil, continuing to whisk, until thick and creamy. If the sauce is too thick, add a splash of water. If it clumps, place in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble: Place each avocado pit-side up on two separate plates. Top each avocado half with 2 cooked shrimp, followed by one egg each, and 1-2 Tbsp of Hollandaise sauce.
- You can thank me later XOXOXO