Dairy-Free Keto "Ricotta" Meatballs 🙋
Dear Kite Hill Foods,
Thank you so much for making dairy-free, ketogenic versions of some of my favorite cheeses. This Keto "Ricotta" Meatball recipe is dedicated to you.
My undying love,
Okay, so I could sit here and tell you all about my love-hate relationship with cheese (i.e. I love the way cheese tastes, but hate that I am immediately bloated after just one bite...), but I know you really want this recipe, so let's get down to it!
(And trust me: you REALLY want this recipe!)
Dairy-Free Keto "Ricotta" Meatballs
- 16oz organic ground beef
- 8oz Kite Hill almond ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Rao's Sensitive Formula Marinara Sauce, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Place all ingredients except olive oil and Rao's sauce in a bowl.
2. Use a rounded tablespoon to scoop out portions of the meatball mix. Use your hands to form them into meatballs and place each one on an aluminum-lined baking sheet. You will have about 30 meatballs.
3. Drizzle each meatball with a little olive oil, and place in the oven for 18 minutes.
4. Remove meatballs from the oven and serve with a side of Rao's sauce. Perfection!
Makes 30 meatballs. Macros per meatball (excluding olive oil and Rao's): 63 calories, 4.2g fat, 5.5g protein, 1g total carb (0.9g net carb)