Recipe: Keto Champagne Cupcakes
The best way to begin the new year? Keto and champagne. Obv. These cupcakes are so buttery, so champagne-y, and literally the best way I can think of to toast the end of 2017! Please make these and tag the crap out of me. Cheers to a happy, healthy, fat-fueled kickass New Year, my loves!
Keto Champagne Cupcakes
1 1/3 cups fine blanched almond flour
1/3 cup vanilla Jay Robb protein powder (strawberry would work well here, too)
3/4 cup Swerve
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup salted Kerrygold butter, softened at room temperature
3 egg whites
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup Daisy sour cream, room temperature
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Brut champagne
12-14 cupcake liners, preferably in gold or something festive!
1/2 cup Kerrygold butter, softened at room temperature
4oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
2 Tbsp vanilla Jay Robb protein powder (strawberry would work well here, too)
2 cups powdered Swerve (plus more to your desired sweetness)
4-5 tbsp Brut champagne
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cupcake pan with liners (12-14).
2. Whisk together flour, protein powder, Swerve, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add butter, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream and champagne and mix on medium speed just until smooth. Do not over mix.
4. Fill cupcake liners a little more than half way.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
1.Combine the butter and cream cheese and mix until smooth.
2. Add the protein powder and 2 cups of powdered Swerve and mix until smooth.
3. Add 4 Tbsp champagne and mix until smooth.
4. Taste, and if you want it sweeter, add powdered Swerve 1 Tbsp at a time and mix until smooth.
5. Add a little more champagne, if needed, until desired consistency is reached.
6. Top cupcakes with frosting.
7. OPTIONAL: top each cupcake with 1/4 of a sliced strawberry, because strawberries and champagne!
Makes 12-14 cupcakes. Macros are based off of 14 cupcakes; 1 cupcake per serving:
23.5g fat, 7.6g protein, 5.9g net carbs, 272 calories
PS - Do you just LOVE the Keto lifestyle? Become a Keto coach! Join hundreds of Ketogenic Living Certified Coaches all over the world in the first Keto coach certification approved for continuing education credits: the Ketogenic Living Coach Certification! Click here to learn more and schedule a free information call with an actual Certified Keto Coach to see if it is the right fit for you.