Recipe: Keto Champagne Cupcakes
The best way to begin the new year? Keto and champagne. Obv. These cupcakes are so buttery, so champagne-y, and literally the best way I can think of to toast the end of 2017! Please make these and tag the crap out of me. Cheers to a happy, healthy, fat-fueled kickass New Year, my loves!
Keto Champagne Cupcakes
- 1 1/3 cups fine blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup vanilla Jay Robb protein powder (strawberry would work well here, too)
- 3/4 cup Swerve
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup salted Kerrygold butter, softened at room temperature
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Daisy sour cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Brut champagne
- 12-14 cupcake liners, preferably in gold or something festive!
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold butter, softened at room temperature
- 4oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp vanilla Jay Robb protein powder (strawberry would work well here, too)
- 2 cups powdered Swerve (plus more to your desired sweetness)
- 4-5 tbsp Brut champagne
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cupcake pan with liners (12-14).
2. Whisk together flour, protein powder, Swerve, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add butter, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream and champagne and mix on medium speed just until smooth. Do not over mix.
4. Fill cupcake liners a little more than half way.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
1.Combine the butter and cream cheese and mix until smooth.
2. Add the protein powder and 2 cups of powdered Swerve and mix until smooth.
3. Add 4 Tbsp champagne and mix until smooth.
4. Taste, and if you want it sweeter, add powdered Swerve 1 Tbsp at a time and mix until smooth.
5. Add a little more champagne, if needed, until desired consistency is reached.
6. Top cupcakes with frosting.
7. OPTIONAL: top each cupcake with 1/4 of a sliced strawberry, because strawberries and champagne!
Makes 12-14 cupcakes. Macros are based off of 14 cupcakes; 1 cupcake per serving:
23.5g fat, 7.6g protein, 5.9g net carbs, 272 calories
P.S. - You want recipes like this every single day, with expert guidance and customized macros to make 2018 the year you've felt your best EVER? Register now for Ketogenic Living 101! Prep Week begins on January 8th, and this is one of only four chances to join this life-changing program with me in 2018!